Welcome to Shelby's Blog

Shelby, Vicky, the kids and our whole family want to express our SINCERE gratitude to each and every one of you for your love, concern, support and prayers !! Tremendous strength is being drawn from YOUR love !

We have set up this blog to ensure that you all stay up to date on Shelby's progress, and I'm sure that once he's better, he'll be checking in on here too !

In the meantime, we have included links for you to share these updates with more of Shelby's friends, and we encourage you to please check back often for updates, we promise to keep it as current as we can !!

We've also included a guest book ( just click LEAVE A RESPONSE under the guest book title), which Shelby will read when he's better, so that you can leave him some messages, and you too can share some....Love For Shelby !!!

Lastly, there is also a group page on FACEBOOK....just search LOVE FOR SHELBY in group pages, and you can leave messages, upload a pic of you and Shelby together, share stories, etc. !!!

Know that each of you are loved and appreciated !!!
God bless you !!!

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Don't count me out yet

Hello to all my family and friends. I know it's been a minute since you've guys heard from me. Just wanted to send an update on what has taken place lately.

I've had the great opportunity to get to go to church (First Baptist Church of Sunny Side)and enjoyed some real life preaching from my Pastor Joel Stewart. I got to see lots of my family and friends there and had a wonderful time (even though it did wear me out). Layne, you were correct as usual I should have waited and not tried to rush back so fast. It was great getting out of the house and moving though.

Vicky took me to my doctor (DR CELIO BURROWES) yesterday (Wednesday Jan 27, 2010) to have my check up. The doctor did remove my staples and I do have a couple of places that haven't closed up completely. He said to keep the area dry with bandages and they should close fine. I told him in my lower belly I felt something that felt like a small pound cake. (knowing I haven't eaten no pound cake, I told him it couldn't be that.) He checked it and said it feels like scar tissue to him. He said he will look at it closer when he does my next CT SCAN in a month to make sure things are doing as they are supposed too. He is very happy the way things are going.

Before we left to go to the doctor Vicky pulled up Kip's EMT test results for his National Registry and he passed. I'm so PROUD of him for all the extra hard work he has put in to get through the class (I know the class is not easy and the National test is even harder). Now he has to complete his practicals in Macon. Then he can get his certification numbers.

Today Vicky went to do some errands and I took it upon myself to try and clean the house a little so i could move around and you all know me I over did it a little (scratch that - a lot). I just wanted to help her cause shes been doing so much keeping up with things and trying to get it all done. How she got it all done with out going crazy, i don't know. Well guys I guess thats one of those many special things that God gives to women to keep us men in order.

A lot of you have asked me about the kids.

Kip's working at Fun Bowl and still doing internship with Henry County Fire Department. I want to thank all the men and women that have helped Kip along with his EMT and FIRE training. I want you all to know it is paying off.

Amber's doing lots of school things and drama practices. I see her in passing a lot, but she does tell me she loves me before she leaves. Keep up the great work Amber.

Chase has been working with his mom on doing some kind of 3D map project on Stone Mountian. As I watch them and listen to them work on it I'm thinking if this goes on much longer this project is going to out grow them. Well Chase had to turn it in this morning and hasn't got a grade yet. I know it will be good. Lots of time was spent stressing over the project, because it had to be just right. Good luck son.

I want to again THANK EVERYBODY for all their LOVE, PRAYERS, and SUPPORT during my down time. As most of you know I'm bitting at the bit to get back to work. I have promised lots of you that I wouldn't go back to soon. I am working very hard to keep that promise. All of you have been awesome during this time, bringing by food, sending cards, flowers, phone calls, visits, etc. I couldn't attempt to name each person cause with my mind I would forget somebody and wouldn't want to do that.

Well I'm gonna run Vicky said I've been typing to much and I need to go eat something and relax. I miss you ALL and can't wait to see you ALL soon.

Love you guys
Shelby

1 comment:

  1. Shelby, I will continue to pray for you brother. I love ya and I have already claimed that you are healed by the stripes of Jesus. You have a support base that is huge but know that God has a plan for you and I will continue to PUSH=Pray Until Something Happens. Trecy said hi and sends her love too. I will continue to check on you as I am on my journeys. Miss ya and love you. God Bless you bro.

    BEAR

    ReplyDelete

Please post general WELL WISHES & messages of love for Shelby in his guestbook ! Thank you & God Bless !